Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery using Autologous Adipose Stem Cells
at injection can be used to rebuild volume anywhere on the body and is a technique that has developed significantly since 2008. Utilizing this technique, the fat is gently taken from areas such as the abdomen or the legs using a low-vacuum liposuction. The fat is then placed in a centrifuge to gravitationally separate it into three layers: a top layer of oil, a central layer of concentrated fat and a bottom layer of blood.
Research has determined that the bottom 20% of the fat layer has the most fat stem cells and growth factors. This stem cell rich fat layer is believed to produce fat cells with the best survival rate for transplantation into specific regions of the face.
The fluid and oil is discarded and the fat is transferred to small, 1cc syringes. The skill of the technique is in the injection process. Small amounts of fat are injected underneath the skin in fine tunnels. This creates beads of fat, which are crosshatched in the injection area. This slowly and effectively builds up the area and gives the fat cells an opportunity to establish blood supply. The technique yields better results than simply injecting boluses of fat into the injection areas. With this technique, more than 50% of the fat can become permanent.
Stem cell enhanced fat transfers performed at the Medici Center for Surgery in Tijuana Mexico include:
- Facial fat injections - The fat transfer to the face is not just volume filler. The stem cell enhanced fat can actually rejuvenate your facial tissues and skin. Stem cells assist in increasing blood supply to tissues to make tissues look younger.
- Breast Augmentation - Fat injections provide a natural alternative to breast implants.
- Brazilian Butt Lift - Originally used for buttock enhancement, stem cell enhanced fat transfers is also being used in body contouring to create an hourglass figure.
- Hand Rejuvenation - As in the face, there is not only a volume enhancement, but also the fat transfer can revitalize the aged skin on hands as well.
Other areas of stem cell treatment, which are being investigated and currently developed, are:
- Radio treatment injuries
- Soft tissue defects
- Lumpectomy reconstruction, and;
- Breast reconstruction after cancer
Information Request Form
* Required fields: name, e-mail, message, and reCaptcha
Medici Integrative Health & Surgery Center
Are You a Medici Integrative Health & Surgery Center Candidate?
To find out, please complete our Medici Integrative Health & Surgery Center Procedure Candidate Form.
Questions? Contact Us
Or Call Now! (888) 5266-3987